Audio synch and other probs with bicubic codec (Nimo)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyP
    • Mar 2002

Audio synch and other probs with bicubic codec (Nimo)

After I installed the bicubic filter that came with the Nimo codec package I had problems with image corruption and crashes on playback. Disabling the filter fixed the problems. After I upgraded to DirectX 8.1 I reenabled the bicubic filter and the video was OK but ran seriously out of of synch with the audio.
    Disabling the filter again removed the synch problem.

I wanted to stretch the widescreen image to 4:3 so that it filled the screen of my laptop, when I connect it to a 16:9 TV the TV stretches it back out to more or less the correct aspect ratio. I found that the Radlight player can do this without the bicubic filter, and with the Radlight player it is easy to switch between aspect ratios.

If anyone wants to disable the filter, do:
    regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\bicubic_resizer.ax
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

I suspect that your cpu isn't fast enough for the bicubic filter, bicubic resize is quite a bit more processor intensive than other resizeing algorithms.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• TonyP
      • Mar 2002

It could be, it is only a 800Mhz laptop. Even so, I would expect it to drop frames on playback, not just go out of synch. The loss of synch was quite marked, video was running 10-20% slower than audio.

Comment

Working...