Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jago1
    • Jan 2002

DivX file into a VCD.

can anyone tell me what software and a step by step walk through.i,m sorry for the silly questions,but i,m just starting out
    and need all the help i can get!!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I suggest using Nero5.5 to get your DivX file into VCD discs. It can't get any easier than that (Read: No guide needed unless you can't be bothered to learn a thing).

Comment

• USNavy
      • Mar 2002

or use vcd galaxy

Flock, the best team communication app and online collaboration platform, comes with team messaging, project management and other great features that improve productivity and boost speed of execution.

Comment

• ZeReaper
        • Nov 2001

Enchanter I tried to use the nero one once, but it didn't work, it just made the dat file and all the correct software needed for vcd, but it wouldn't play, have you done it with nero, this would have been about 6 months ago with an older version of nero so correct me if I'm wrong, I just used tmpgenc which worked alot better/faster and then all you need to do is burn the file using the vcd/svcd option in nero

ZR

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

You have to use Nero version 5.5 or later. What version were you using?

Comment

• liverpoolrule
            • Mar 2002

nero 5.5 encoding

Nero is pathetic at avi to vcd conversion.

I have tried it a few times and it comes out with an awful picture.

It also likes freezing on my xp pro hercules 4500 prophet and 800ish Celeron (overclocked or not).

avitovcd is a lot quicker with divx 5 - but u can get no picture & sound!

It seems most problems occur with films encoded in th divx 3 format.

Oh and Liverpool will win the Champions league.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To jago1

This is what I do to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
              2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
              3) Click on "Setting" radio button
              4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
              5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
              6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
              7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
              8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
              9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
              10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 60 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Then use NERO (or similar) to burn (ONLY to burn, not to format or create, since you've already done that) as VCD.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...