Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meirionwyllt
    • Feb 2004

Batch conversion of MPEG-2 files

I am currently working on a DVD montage of clips from DVDs or from DVB recordings. I have the clips ready to go but I am having difficulty joining them together because some have different bitrates, due to being recorded from different sources. They are all MPEG-2, but some are from DVDs, some from freeview, where some channels use different audio bitrates to others. Of course I could go through them one by one with TMPGEnc, de-muxing, re-coding the resulting MP3 file, then re-muxing, but we are talking about nearly a hundred clips here, some only a few seconds long. Is there a program that will batch encode the video/audio in all these clips, to convert them into "DVD friendly" bitrates so that they can be joined together?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"They are all MPEG-2, but some are from DVDs, some from freeview, where some channels use different audio bitrates to others."

If you don't mind having each of them as a separate TITLE on one DVD, you can use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEncPlus") to readily accomplish this (by loading EACH clip as a "new track", using the "Add new track" radiobutton.

You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

Comment

• meirionwyllt
      • Feb 2004

good idea. thanks, I will try that.

will the DVD player be able to cope with all the chopping and changing between clips? I don't want there to be any pause between them. Also, as I haven't yet decided on the running order of the clips, will DVD Author allow me to preview/experiment with the running order so that changes can be made throughout, before I actually author the VOB files?

thanks.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

meirionwyllt

An alternative to "setarip's" suggestion would be to join the clips with a program called "AVSVideoConverter".

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"I don't want there to be any pause between them."

There WILL be very short pauses between the TITLES...

Comment

Working...