Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USNavy
    • Mar 2002

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error.....Abnormal Program Termination......

Thats what i m gettin when tryin to play movies with divx player.....i have the latest one, just downloaded.....

Specs:

1.3 Ghz Athlon
    512 RAM
    Win XP

Anyone can help????

Thanks

PS: also, if i dare to pause the movie, or, stop it and then play again, the audio doesnt match the video....

PS: i m using the Virtual Dub but the video dont work trough that thing.....i dont know whts up....or, it shouldnt work? Before it began, it said that it found some audio and video problem, and its playing now. I hear audio perfectly, but dont see jack.....what is this Virtual Dub anyways? anyone know?

PS2: ok, now i just downloaded Microsoft Virtual Machine and Nimo Codec.....anyone knows how to use 'em?
    Last edited by USNavy; 19 Mar 2002, 05:50 PM.
  • USNavy
    • Mar 2002

Ok, well, i had installed VMachine and the other codec thing (AceMega)....but i dont understand how to use it.....please help

Last edited by USNavy; 19 Mar 2002, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

Virtual Dub is a video editor and not a player.

MS Virtual Machine is for JAVA and nought to do with DivX.

Ace Mega is a codec pack i.e. it cotains loads of codecs that many movie are encoded in and you would need to watch them.

Get BSPlayer at www.bsplayer.org as this is the best out there (my opinion only).

Install the latest DirectX version 8 or 8.1 will do.

Keep your graphic drivers up to date.

NEVER upgrade to Win XP ALWAYS do a clean install, or old crap in your reg from your old OS will just cause problems in the long term. This is just advice in case you did upgrade.

I hope the above helps.

Comment

• USNavy
        • Mar 2002

well, thanks, but what ya mean--never upgrade to win xp??? i allready have win xp......ok, thanks, i ll try this program

Comment

• Ndb
          • Mar 2002

What I mean is never install XP by upgrading your existing Win98/ME etc. Justs general advice, as I don't do enough about your system, but loads of people do choose the upgrade method and fall foul. Anybody remember 3.1 to 95

Comment

• USNavy
            • Mar 2002

oh, no , i had my pc with win XP Professional preloaded....thanks anyways yea, that player ya gave me is great!!! thanks
            but i had desided to make it easy--rent movies and just rip them either to my HD, or, CD....that way i dont have to deal with all these players, partally downloaded movies, etc.....thanks again

Comment

Working...