X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redbull
    • May 2005

how to play expired wmv media?

hi

simple question: how to play a wm video with expired certificate... is there any utility to reenable this or video codec...thx
  • Alien Bay
    Always learning
    • Oct 2004

what version of WM are you at?
    trouble shoot some issues here
    APOD

Comment

• redbull
      • May 2005

hi !

the video seems be encrypted by WMV SDK 9.0 (found at header) and WMV10 is installed. I gave try to Drmdbg but no luck...seems to be useless if the license is revoked. Drm2vmw didnt do anything even.....any way to dump needed data from the encrypted file?

Comment

• redbull
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Alien Bay
        trouble shoot some issues here
        aah, im afraid ms is last one to help bypassing their ugly protection

Comment

• Alien Bay
          Always learning
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by redbull
          hi !

.....any way to dump needed data from the encrypted file?
          I looked VERY quickly. Give this a look. It has a 15 day free trial. Or just try a google search for your issue if further suggestions aren't posted.
          APOD

Comment

• Alien Bay
            Always learning
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by redbull
            hi !

.....any way to dump needed data from the encrypted file?
            Redbull, I was able to open a wmv file with Nero. Have you tried that and then make a backup?
            APOD

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"how to play a wm video with expired certificate..."

Surprised that anyone at these forums would try to offer assistance...

Comment

• Alien Bay
                Always learning
                • Oct 2004

I suppose that would be me. Perhaps a private message would have been nice. Microsoft's web site does refer to the issue in the web site out pointed out and what to do for it...

"If you encounter the message "The date certificate is invalid or has expired," try reinstalling the latest version of Internet Explorer from the Internet Explorer Web page."

What's the issue? ... and if there is one maybe it should have been pointed out to the original poster instead of someone trying to help.
                APOD

Comment

• redbull
                  • May 2005

Thanks for your assistance but this is a bastard hopefuly theres a working drmdbg for WMP10 available soon...next time I'd be better look what i'm downloading ;p...
                  btw, that is not a codec problem (the video is fine), just wrapped by DRM crap, so that was the b**ch to beat...

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To Alien Bay

"What's the issue? ..."

At least my perception of the request is that "redbull" is asking how to circumvent a legal license limitation (expiration date) of a commercial product...

Nothing personal was intended - that's why I didn't address my post to you. In keeping with the most recent rule created by "admin", I did not want to quote the rules to "redbull" - and chose to be more circumspect in pointing out the "situation"...

Comment

• admin
                      Administrator
                      • Nov 2001

Circumventing a copy protection in the US (and in many parts of Europe and also in Australia) could get you fined or jailed, even if it is for a good reason like you lost the certificate and can't get it back for some reason. If it is a good reason, then I'm sure the place where you obtained the file can give you assistance as to what to do to recover the certificate. Otherwise, it would be illegal to help you with the problem and also against forum rules.
                      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...