Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio Boy
    • Feb 2002

TMPGenc? Or DVDit?

Had trouble with a movie loaded into DVDit locking up the computer. I got a hint from this forum, and tried de-multiplexing the clip with Virtual Dub BEFORE converting the audio to a wav file, and then using the original video clip and my audio wav file for the TMPGenc process.
    NOW....when I loaded into DVDit, it does NOT lock up my machine any more (which is good).....but a warning window came up that said, "decoder not found, please make sure proper decoder is installed)

I'm claiming victory because of the extreme number of reboots that I've endured, and at least this time it didn't lock up the machine, but now I'm not sure what it's talking about.
    I have uninstalled, and reinstalled both TMPGenc and DVDit, so I'm not sure whether I've somehow screwed up a codec, or what.

I think this is pretty simple....please diagnose and post!!!!!!
    Thanks!
  • Radio Boy
    • Feb 2002

update

I should also tell you that the TMPGenc clip plays fine with video AND audio in Media Player. That's why I don't understand why DVDit says the proper decoder is not found. ????????????

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"and then using the original video clip and my audio wav file for the TMPGenc process."

What processes did you use in TMPGEnc?

What file format did you create?

Comment

• Radio Boy
        • Feb 2002

Is this what you want?.....

DVD NTSC (MPEG-2 720x480 29.97fps CQ 65, Layer-2 48000Hz 384kbps)

Comment

Working...