How to record DivX AVIs to VCR using TV-out ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FNW
    • Mar 2002

How to record DivX AVIs to VCR using TV-out ?

Hello everybody !

I really need help playing (any type of) AVIs using the TV-out of my ATI Radeon 8500 DDR 64 MB...
    The problem is that I can play DVDs WITHOUT Marcovision protection using Power DVD 4.0 XP under Windows XP and even record them on VHS tape, but normal AVI videos (equal which codec is used) don't show an image while playing
    I already tried a lot of players but it seems to be a DirectShow problem cause every software shows a black quarter where the image should be -- and normally every modern software uses the same filters and decoders to display the video.

I think more people wanna record some DVD-rips or even any other AVI-encoded content to tape (e.g. VHS VCR), so the problem could probably be known be others...
    I hope anybody has got a solution for it, because it's very curious that you can play highly protected DVDs but NO UNPROTECTED video files !

THX a lot for helping in advance !

FNW MMI 2002
  • Ndb
    • Mar 2002

When you rip a DVD you can also remove the macrovision too, but not everybody realizes this as it's not always selected as default, plus it adds more to the time it takes to rip the DVD.

This means the macrovision of the DVD is still intact and can cause probs on a TV. Sorry but best to rip your own and remove the macrovision.

Also try something like BSPLayer at www.bsplayer.org as it has better selections and settings for overlays etc, which can help with TV-Out.

Comment

Working...