X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fatal
    • Jul 2005

Odd Playback Problem

Hey,
    I'm having an odd playback problem with ONLY Divx Player,other players i used play just fine though i prefer to use Divx Player and i'd like to fix this problem.
    In the past when using any Divx Player version i had no problem whatsoever in playback performance, now recently when i try to play any compatible file with divx player, my CPU usages boosts straight to a 100% and i get a jerky video playback and audio.
    I've also recently formatted and my problem still isnt fixed.

My PC Specs are:
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (at 1.7GHz)
    NVIDIA GeforceFX5900XT
    1.25GIG DDR RAM
    Im running Windows XP Proffesional with SP1 installed

Thanks in advance.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Do you have the latest video card drivers installed?

Comment

• Fatal
      • Jul 2005

Sorry about the long wait for the reply.
      But yes i do have the latest drivers installed and the problem still persists.
      Any other ideas?

Thanx

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Welcome to the Digital Video Forums of Digital Digest!

"In the past when using any Divx Player version i had no problem whatsoever in playback performance, now recently when i try to play any compatible file with divx player, my CPU usages boosts straight to a 100% and i get a jerky video playback and audio"

Try performing a "System Restore" back to the last time things were working properly...

Comment

• Fatal
          • Jul 2005

I've tried a system restore but by what i said i meant, like a few months ago i could play them fine with Divx Player but all of a sudden this problem occurs, even after formats.
          Odd problem, even though it doesnt bother me much, i'd still like to find out whats causing it.

thanx

Comment

Working...