Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dchan
    • Jul 2005

Video play too bright for all movies

This problem came last week. It was totally fine for like 2 years before that.
    All the movies I play has become way too bright and the colors are a bit messed up too. (the ones I had saved on my computer and the ones i downloaded) I tried different programs to view the movies (in winamp, divx player, realplayer... etc) and played around with the brightness/saturation level but it doesn't help the problem at all.

I formated my computer today and videos were once again play fine until i installed several drivers (Geforce graphic drivers and directx9) and the newest window media player and the Divx codec. Everything has gone back to the way it was before I formated my computer. I suspect it might have something to do with my video driver, and i checked the video overlay options but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I searched the net and I found someone have the exact problem but unfortunately no one replied: http://forum.digital-digest.com/arch...45587-p-1.html

yes, i am desperate and help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by dchan; 20 Jul 2005, 10:40 AM.
  • solomani
    • Aug 2005

I have the exact same problem. Here is what I have done so far:

Uninstalling/reinstalling drivers.
    Upgrading/downgrading drivers.
    Codec packs (Nimo and Tsunami)
    Re-installing windows (quick)
    Re-installing windows (reformat)

Will try video drivers next. Failing that will re-install and add programs one at a time to see which is the culprit.

Comment

Working...