X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bundeskanzlerin
    • Mar 2002

Problem with Video and Sound Sync

Hi there,
    I know that there are already many topics on this problem, but none of them could really help me:
    When I play DivX movies, the sound goes faster than the video and the difference gets bigger and bigger.
    I have tried DivX 4 and 5 and different players: Win Med Player, Zoom Player, Varo DVD...
    By the way, neither The Playa 1 nor 2 really works on my computer, because there is a completely wrong color.
    I have Win98 SE, a PII 400 MHz, a Riva 128 4 MB graphic, Voodoo II 16 MB additional graphical card (I don't know how to say in English, maybe graphical accelerate card), 128 MB RAM.
    When I had Win98 first edition, everything goes perfectly.
    Thx 4 your replies!
    Bundeskanzlerin
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I would simply put the blame on your CPU speed. As for your Win98FE (First Edition), are you sure you were playing the same files?

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

What version of DirectX are you using?? as DirectX 7 and 8 improve a lot of little niggles.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Run the video under Win Media player v.6.4. Right click on the video image and select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab. Doubleclick on the DivX codec. Move the CPU slider and select "Apply" and "Ok". Adjust the CPU slider as is necessary.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Bundeskanzlerin
          • Mar 2002

First of all, thanx to all of you for your great help.
          What I did:
          I reinstalled DivX 5 set the Quality of the movie in "Decoder Configuration" to absolute minimum. Then everything went quite OK, sometimes there was a short stop in the image, but all in all, it was acceptable.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your problem ;>}

Comment

Working...