playing .avi film, geox codec needed, shows now a part of the screen.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MelkboerLuc

playing .avi film, geox codec needed, shows now a part of the screen.

Hello,
    I'm new here, but I think I also have a problem with the codec of an .avi film.
    I only see a little part of the screen , and I know that other people can see the whole screen on their computer.
    This is a printscreen : http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Melk.../Securiplus.jpg
    Of course, in the normal vieuw, other people see the whole woman, I do not.
    Gspot tell me I don't need more codec !

What's wrong then, I checked all properties I could find.

Windows XP S P 2 Prof, Graphic card NVIDIA 64

Sometimes he stop showing me film for 5-6 seconds, will that mean my graphic card is not good enough ?
    Attached Files
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

it's the file. the file is only 5 seconds long. it's only about 800kb, and it doesn't even have audio. looks very much like a bogus file to me.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• MelkboerLuc

Thank you for helping thinking.
      The file is not long, you are right, but I took it because of that reason. I also have files that are 64 Mb, and I have the same problem. There is no audio, because it is a security-video, and I took no audio on it.

I don't know what you mean with a bogus file.

But other people that I send the file too can open and can see the full screen.

And that is my problem.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"I don't know what you mean with a bogus file"

nevermind, i didn't know it was a security cam, that explains the audio too. have you tried another player to see how it looks, such as videolan player? it has it's own codecs. i have never used the one it uses before. (geox)
        this is the proper codec for that CCTV file. uninstall yours and use this one.
        We are a distributor of security and fire solutions. Our expertise in tailored solutions, project management and support for businesses of all sizes makes us the preferred distributor for Ireland and the UK by the worlds leading security brands.

do you have other codecs on your pc and do other files playback with a full screen?
        Last edited by LT. Columbo; 20 Aug 2005, 06:44 AM.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• MelkboerLuc

Thank you for your help.

I downloaded this already from before, if I do it now, nothing changes.

Where can I find on my computer what codecs I already have, and how can I find out what is necessary and what not ?

This is what my neighbour next door sees : see attachment http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...lkingsoft4.jpg
          So, he sees the whole picture. And this is from a file that I sended to him by e-mail. Strange, isn't it ?

"Render" button from "DirectShow Render" box. Do you see any errors?

Can you make anything of that ?
          Last edited by Guest; 21 Aug 2005, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

he's using windows media player, and your using media player classic. try what he's doing. do any other files look right on your pc?
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• MelkboerLuc

I am using windows media player 10 and also media player classic.

Both give me the same screen.

I don't understand.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

again

do any OTHER file types look right on your pc?

i suggest deleting every codec on your computer and start by installing the one i showed you and go from there.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• MelkboerLuc

You didn't hear from me anymore.
                  But that means not that my problem is over !
                  I worked very hard with my friends here http://www.onlinehelpdesk.be/forum/t...TOPIC_ID=22276
                  for a solution ... but still didn't find.
                  Now I contact my installer, he has to finish the job now!

Maybe you can't read Dutch, but you will remark all the marques that I tried and used.

Thanks for your contribution and wish you all the best.

Comment

• afreeCodec
                    • May 2005

This seems to me that you may need to update your Nvidia drivers.
                    Video drivers may also affect your video display.

Give that a try, may solve your issue.

Comment

• surfer57
                      • Sep 2005

Thanks LT for the information....I needed to view a surveillance CCTV for business and needed the goex codecs. Google brought up the forum and this thread. Downloaded the codec and it worked perfectley. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

anytime
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...