• Show
Clear All
  • cryx
    • Mar 2002

help: win2k restarts 10min after divx film starts

help: win2k restarts 10min after divx film starts
    well, it does and I cant solve this problem on my own
    sudden restarts is bad for HDD's health

only notice where to go is a quick message box before restart saying something about 'insuficient quota'. couldn't find that having administrator rights nor I have set any quota.

this problem is the same with different players, so I guess it's because of win2k or divx codec.

if you know how to fix this bug or find any solution reply or e-mail at cryx@inbox.lv
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Sounds a lot like driver problems. I read that a lot of users of the motherboard I'm currently using have this same problem. I thought it was strange because I did not have such problems. It turned out that the most of them were using an older version of video driver.

Comment

• cryx
      • Mar 2002

My video card is radeon 64mb and I will try to upgrade drivers. I will report later how successfull this solution was.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Radeon!?! Hey! I'll be upgrading to a Radeon as well. Is the image quality really nice as everyone keeps telling me?

Comment

• cryx
          • Mar 2002

wow! txnks Enchanter!
          driver upgrade solved my problem by 50% - now I'm able to see whole movie - only when I tried to select one current place too quick and too many times my computer restarted again But this little upgrade was awesome! 50% of games and whole win2000 graphics did run faster and with more quality. I thought win2000 holds within radeon drivers that are compatible to moust of ATI hardware cards. Now I see that win sux more than I ever imagined (haven't tested XP

to the person who wants to upgrade to radeon: do it as quick as possible!!!
          <if god had a computer, he would choose ati radeon card>

Comment

• cryx
            • Mar 2002

if god had a computer, he would choose radeon

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Thanks, man. Just a note too. Make sure you installed Service Pack 2 for Win2K, the latest drivers for your components and whatever bug fixes are available. My own Win2K system has been working nicely and sweetly, without a glitch.

Comment

Working...