Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kenanmir
    • Oct 2005

Mpeg files crashing all Adobe D-editing software

All sorts of Mpeg related files, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, M2V eveyrhting whenever opened in either Adobe Premiere pro or Adobe Encore just crashes it... PLEASE HELP AM IN A HURRY!!!!!!!!! is there someway to reinstall the MPEG codec all together, ive tried downloading new ones and doing it but it doesnt happen....
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

if you are using the xp OS, try the easy thing first, try a system restore
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Kenanmir
      • Oct 2005

its been happening for AGES

Its been happening for AGES when do i restore to... even if i uninstall ALL the codec packs on my computer its still there...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

well if you can be sure of a time it was working fine, you would restore to that time period. is it both programs that will crash, or the whole pc?

and what do you have for codecs on your system?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Kenanmir
          • Oct 2005

I had Klite and I think somwhere along the lines of uninstalling Klite and reinstalling it, something went wrong... I've tried removing it now it doesnt happen its some system wide problem with Mpeg files even explorer crashes when i view a folder with mpegs in it as 'Thumbnails' its like whenever my pc tries to read Mpegs the software crashes... is there someway of removing the MPEG codec and reinstalling it?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

start by going to "add/ remove" programs and delete any codecs/packs you have there. your system is obviosly a mess and you need to start anew. then go here
            Download free Codecs software. Software reviews. Changelog.

and install the GPL mpeg 1/2 codec. it will support any player you want to use with them .see what happens.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• Kenanmir
              • Oct 2005

nothing is helping, I guess I'll have to do a reformat...

Kenan

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

given the information you have provided and the long history of this problem--it might be a good idea.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• Sam36
                  • May 2006

i am having the same problem. it lies within the k-lite codec pack. i have tried several different versions and it is always there.

Free-Codecs.com : Download latest codecs and multimedia tools, free

anybody found a fix yet?

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

the fix is to format & avoid codec packs in the future;

a workaround would be using dgindex to create a projectfile and frameserving via avisynth mpeg2source()
                    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...