Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zargali
    • Oct 2005

Create a codec issue..

Hi everybody!! Ok, it's going to be hard to explain... Well Closes your eyes and imagine... well no, first read, then close your eyes and imagine You are watching a video, then suddenly it's like if the video was frozen, but the animation was still running. The frozen picture is moving but it's like if the video was keeping a picture frozen but the movements recorded by the codec were keep running... Ok, hope you've understand what I mean.. well this is a freaking issue that nobody wants when he's watching a video... Ok, now take a long breath, I would like to know how can I create this issue on a video? That's it! Thank you very much! ps: i have no preference about which codec to use.
  • zargali
    • Oct 2005

This is not a joke, so please help me if you have any idea...

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

could you explain it a little better? where does the 'animation' come into it? what do you mean by 'the frozen picture is moving'?

from the sound of it, its an undesireable effect to have on a video, and i'm not sure if there would be even a virtualdub filter for it, but maybe i'm interpreting it wrong...
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• zargali
        • Oct 2005

First, thanks for your reply...
        ok, I explain it again..
        I want to recreate the following issue:
        You are watching a video, for example a woman is walking
        suddenly, the video freeze but the movements, "recorded" by the codec are still running..lol
        Well, it's like if the movements of the codec were still running but the picture don't refresh...
        I guess divx codec or wmv or whatever is processing in 2 phases: first it record the movement, then the changes of color of the pictures.. Well I want to have the movement but not the changes of color of the pictures..
        This is an issue I have ever seen,I guess it was a corrupt video, and I would like to recreate it...
        Hope I've been clearer

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

usually the way to apply a certain effect on a video is to use an avisynth or a virtualdub filter, as there is a huge range of filters/plugins. since this is an undesireable effect, and, not exactly an easy one to recreate, AFAIK no such method exists unless you are a professional, with professional hardware/software.

other than that, the only practical way to corrupt the file is to burn it to cd/dvd and scratch the hell out of it...
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• zargali
            • Oct 2005

Thanks for the reply..
            Well i've thought about different ways to corrupt a video file..
            First i've open it with notepad, delete some lines, Save the file, then open it..Unfortunatly the file cannot be readed at all after that...
            So i've think about another way, i've upload this file on a website then i've download it again and stop the download in the middle of the download..
            Unfortunatly, when i open the video, it stop in the middle..so it don't work neither..
            So maybe have you got an idea about how to corrupt this file..
            Maybe if I could download the video divided in parts like on edonkey or bittorrent.. but it seems to be very complicate so if you have an idea..
            Thanks

Comment

Working...