X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrefly
    • Nov 2005

VobSub: .avi & .srt issues

Hi
    I have this anime movie that requires subtitles. I have the .avi and the subs in .srt format. I downloaded VobSub and used the submux tool. it binded the video and subs just fine but only for the first second of the movie. meaning when it makes you save as an .avi when u mux it, the file is only 1 second long. dont know what i am doing wrong.

any ideas?

Any other solution of watching this .avi with .srt subtitles? other program?

thanks
    ^_^
    Last edited by fyrefly; 24 Nov 2005, 02:18 AM.
  • fyrefly
    • Nov 2005

so i tried converting the .srt file to an .ssa and used the mux tool. same thing happened with the 1 second clip but now it has the normal subs and a small print version in the corner. i saw on a previous thread that guy had the same problem with the text, but not the 1 second clip. Help.
    Thanks

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

you just want to watch the movie with subtitles, and not permanently embed them, right? just make the name of the avi & srt files the same, eg movie.avi and movie.srt, and play with player of your coice. make sure you have the latest 'vobsub' installed
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• alipik
        • Nov 2005

using vobsub with windows media player 10 can show the subtitles but i have some questions,

1- why it show the subtitles 2 times at same time one at the movie bottom and another at the lower black margin? how can only show the one on movie? and not on the black bottom?

2- in full mode the subtitles are half trimmed sometimes ? how to manage?

3- when using non western fonts the subtitle appear right on the movie but on the black lower margin it appears as symbols not language ? any explanation and solution for this?

much obliged

Comment

• Johan65
          • Nov 2005

Hi, I have the same problem when I use vobsub.
          On my PC without vobsub I can see the subtitles good without vobsub if I give the subtitle the same name as the movie, except of course for the extentions. But probably the reason for this is that there is someting installed that takes care of this. On computers of my friends this is not the case.
          But if they use BSplayer, they have no problems. With BSplayer you can choose the size and place of the subtitles.
          Greetz,

Johan65

Comment

Working...