Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DoctorVob
    • Nov 2005

Is this possible? AVI files on DVD with Index/Menu

Hey guys .. I have been trying to do this and have wasted a lot of time and asked a lot of people and read a lot in forums but to no avail - hence my post here.
    Here is what I am trying to do ..
    I have 4 DivX AVI files each about 1.5 to 2 hours long.
    I want to put them all on a DVD as data files , so I dont want to change the format - I want to keep them in DivX format. I can do this without problems.
    My issue is : I want to create a menu/index. So when you insert the DVD , you should see a menu with 4 titles on it. You can then pick one title and play.

The multiple software i have tried to use, would do this but they want to convert the DivX to DVD format (create VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS and all that jazz) - The issue then becomes that I can NOT put 4 movies on a DVD in DVD format. So I need to keep them in DivX format but just want to create a menu !!!!

Please tell me that this is doable !!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i know exactly what you want to do. keep origianl divx format, yet have a full working menu. i am not aware of any software that can do this---but that doesn't mean it don't exist. most standalone players that support divx will provide you with a very basic menu--that's it. wish i could be of more help.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• DoctorVob
      • Nov 2005

Thanks - when you say standalone players will provide a basic menu ... are you talking about DVD Players or some DVD Players software for PC will provide this automatically..

if DVD players provide this kind of menu automatically then I will be happy.... All I am asking for is a simple , very basic menu....

Thanks for taking your time to respond to my Q

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

yup, some standalone players provide very simple menus automatically
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Hi DoctorVOB.Try Quick Menu Builder.It will create a simple,basic menu with buttons linking ur video files.Actually this software is for creating menus for Data CDs/DVDs.But this should suit u fine.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...