Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ptotti
    • Apr 2002

Is DV transfer to Beta Recorder same as to VHS

Using my capture card I can successfully transfer 20 minutes+ of digital video to VHS recorder. I feel the image quality is very good and my capture card says it did not drop any frames in the process. I am running the video at 29.97 fps at 640 x 480 pixels, with 44 KHz audio. Because I am using the CODEC native to my capture card, I think I am able to move the data smoothly enough for broadcast quality.

My question is, if I can successfully transfer video from my computer to a VHS recorder, is transfer to a Beta recorder as simple as switching one recorder with the other?

I appreciate the advice anyone might have. I am in the planning stage of a production that's destined for Television.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The type of recorder shouldn't make any difference, as long as you're able to generate the desired output...

Comment

• ptotti
      • Apr 2002

That's great.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Chris86
        • Apr 2002

where on earth does one buy blank beta tapes ? arnt they like antique, i remember when i was like 8 my friends dad had one, were sopost to be better quality than VHS but never caught on or somethin, never mind, this is just useless spam, lol

Comment

Working...