Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michal.masek
    • Dec 2005

Subtitles in Nero Showtime

Can I show the subtitles (*.sub,*.srt,...) in NERO Showtime while playing a DivX film?
  • celtic_druid
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

Since it is directshow based I would assume that directvobsub would work, same as other dshow based players. A .divx file should really be using internal xsubs though. Otherwise you may as well use the regular avi container.

Comment

• Ghost_1_69
      • Feb 2006

Vobsub not working...

hey guys, I'v been looking for an answer to this question everywhere...
      I am having issues with an AVI file i have... think it might be an audio codec... but when its played in media player, SOME of the sounds (ie. voices) are very quiet, whereas music is very loud. however, playing in nero showtime its fine. BUT, its a foreign film and i can't get the subtitles to show in nero... vobsub works fine with media player but doesn't do a thing with nero.... :S

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Comment

• neno72
        • Sep 2006

Yes,you can..with Nero ShowTime 3 (Nero premium/ultra reloaded).Without vobsub or something else.I check it today and it works perfect.Best player now with subtitle!

Comment

• HolyMonkey
          • Dec 2007

Hey Ghost , I had the same problem trying to play a chinese film (the chinese was barely audible , but the music, sound effects and the brief intro in english were all normal levels). I think if you look at the properties you will likely find it was encoded with ac3 audio filters and so you can likely fix the problem by downloading and installing the latest ac3filter release from http://ac3filter.net/projects/ac3filter . Still wont have subtitles in Nero , but it fixes the strange audio level problems in windows media player, and if you have vobsubs installed then should play subs fine in that ! hope that fixes your problem, i just spent 10 mins surfing trying to find a solution and saw your question so figured i might as well do a good deed and come back with the answer !

Do a random good deed for someone if this post helped you ! Pay it forward !

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

Better late(by 1 year) than never.
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• tonyboy9
              • Aug 2005

For the terrible audio, and choppy video, as instructed by Nero tech support, I used their general cleaning tool to uninstall all Nero 6.6 files. Changed program files/common files/Ahead to Ahead 2. Re-installed the updated Nero 6.6, programs 1 and 2 for Show Time and Recode 2. Deleted Ahead2.

I reported to Nero tech support that the terrible audio and choppy video are still there. Nero tech support has chosen to ignore me. What happened to this product? I've used Nero 6.6 for several years, no problem, and now this.

Comment

Working...