Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jszero
    • Dec 2005

Really confused

I a copy of Final Fantasy VII Advant Children in .avi (divx) format and a subtitle file in .ssa. I have then both named the same, and all the codecs installed to play the file with the subtitle. My problem is that when ever I try to play the movie with the subtitles the audio lags behind the picture and it gradually gets worse as the movie plays. The movie is at 23fps and I have no idea what fps the .ssa file is. I have tried playing in every media player I have, Windows Media, Power DVD, Divx Player... and a bunch of others. When I play the movie by itself with out the subtitle file the audio is fine, right in time with the movie. When I put the subtitle file in the same folder and try to watch it all the audio is out of sync. What is wrong? I have tried using vobsub to resync it as a new file but i really don't know what I am doing and it doesn't seem to do anything. I am really confused on how to get this to work. Any help would be great, Thanks.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum jszero!

You can read over this guide I just made. Page 2 is where I think you need to read. - http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/...sub_page1.html

Comment

• jszero
      • Dec 2005

I read through that but that doesn't fix my problem. The audio is fine when I play the movie without the .ssa file in the same directory. When I put the .ssa file in the same directory to watch it with subtitles the audio lags behind the movie and gets progresively worse as it goes on.

I tried to open the movie with virtualdub but it gives me an error saying it doesn't recognize the format. So, I can't even use virtualdub to try what your guide says.

Comment

• Johan65
        • Nov 2005

Hi JSzero,
        I have never heard of this SSA extension for a subtitle. Something you could try is to download a subtitle with the extension srt for example. On the next site I think you will find what you are looking for :

Good luck.

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

jszero, have you by any chance forced anti-aliasing in your graphics card's drivers? got the latest vobsub?
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...