Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fuurin
    • Dec 2005

Cropped video borders

I'm not sure that this is a divx codec problem but I didn't know where to put this question...
    For some reason, whatever videofile I try to play on my computer get its borders cropped. The video resolution when you open the file are as they should but it's as if the players have zoomed in on the center of the video, reducing the quality af the image and leaving the borders out. This is really annoying as you can't read the subtitles anymore.
    I've tried every media player I have and reinstalled ffdshow but I can't figure out what's gone wrong... Anyone got a clue?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

does this happen with ALL videos (including dvd's?) if so, check your graphics card driver's 'overlay settings'. it may have a 'zoom' setting, its likely you've turned it on.

other than that, could be ffdshow. got the latest? tried resetting to default? tried other media players? try using 'media player classic'
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• fuurin
      • Dec 2005

Haha thank you!
      Yeah, that's the odd part, it happens to all my videofiles in all the media players. I've only tried avi's, ram's and mpg's though as I don't have a dvd player on my computer.
      Another strange thing is that I used to be able to watch .mkv and .ogm but now I can't, even though I re-installed ffdshow over and over again.

I'm sorry, I'm such a noob, I don't know where to set my graphics card... I don't even know where to check what graphics card I have.

EDIT: Ahhh I found it! Yeah it was the graphics card overlay setting, I just set it to default now and it's fine. Thank you so much, I was really troubled there!
      Last edited by fuurin; 21 Dec 2005, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

you're welcome!
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...