Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WillieCee
    • Dec 2005

HD and my computer ????

Here is where my novice will show the most ....

I want to know about HD on my computer screen do you need to have anything special to make it work??

I have found some HD feeds on the net and Win Media Player seems to have lines down the first 1inch or so of the left side the remaining part of the picture is fine but offset by the stuff on the left.

Can some of the smart people here make a test HD-DVD .iso to download and burn which would help me find the problem?

• anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

"HD" resolution video usually comes in one of 3 formats.

WMV-HD (microsoft's format). - i believe you need wmp10 to play this, and latest graphics card drivers for hardware acceleration, which will definitely help smooth playback

MPEG-2 PS (or TS/TP) - an mpeg-2 stream. get any dvd decoder, such as the one that comes with 'powerdvd' and you should be fine.

MPEG-4 AVC - the best. takes a lot grunt to decode at high resolutions, download & install the latest 'ffdshow' to play this. i recommend 'media player classic' for playback

in all cases, have the latest graphics card drivers & latest directx. MPC plays all of them.
    Last edited by anonymez; 21 Dec 2005, 01:06 PM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...