Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellhound
    • Dec 2005

Audio out of sync

Im having problems recently with audio being out of sync, i know its not the file because it wasnt out of sync before, and its the same with every video file i have, any ideas what could be causing this ?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Ellhound
    i know its not the file because it wasnt out of sync before, and its the same with every video file i have, any ideas what could be causing this ?
    make ANY changes, install/un-install things to your system? you're speaking of the same files on the pc i presume?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Ellhound
      • Dec 2005

Yeah, same computer same file, i'v had this problem for quite some time now, at first i thought it was just a coincidence so didnt pay much attention to it, so im sure i have changed quite a few things, but i dont know what.
      edit: i think i might have installed some codecs
      Last edited by Ellhound; 30 Dec 2005, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Ellhound
        edit: i think i might have installed some codecs
        i figured it would come to this. i bet it's a real mess there too. if you want to fix this, delete every single codec/pack you installed and for playback install this:
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Ellhound
          • Dec 2005

Already have ffdshow installed, might be an old version though, so ill install that one.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

lol. you don't understand. too many codecs create conflicts. you are the 30 000th person to ask this question---it's very common. re-read my post, it's the correct way to begin the healing process.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• Ellhound
              • Dec 2005

Actually, i already deleted all my codecs a few days ago, only have a few installed atm.

edit: did what you said, problem still there.
              Last edited by Ellhound; 30 Dec 2005, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Ellhound
                • Dec 2005

Any other ideas?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

system restore maybe, otherwise no. sorry
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

first of all lets eliminate the decoders as the cause, lets find out what is decoding the video/audio. download 'media player classic', play a file that exhibits this problem. while playing, right-click the video, select 'filters', and list all codecs/filters shown

does it happen on dvd's as well? latest graphics card/sound drivers? latest directx?
                    Last edited by anonymez; 1 Jan 2006, 01:37 PM.
                    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• namidua
                      • Jun 2006

Ok, I have a similar problem. When I created the Divx files myself (going though the ripping, rip audio, gordian knot, vobsync?? 2 pass encoding, etc) It was a real pain in the but. Took a long time and I couldn't create batch's of them to do at once.

So I switched to Dr Divx. now I have movies where the audio is .5-2 seconds off (or the video is .5-2 seconds off, depending on how u look at it, lol..) Is this common 4 Dr Divx 1.06? How do I fix it?

Also, is there a place where I can find a central locatino for all A/V codecs? or one "pack" that has them all? That would be AWESOME if someone had that or knew where I could find one.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

• junkey
                        • Jul 2006

I was having the same problem using windows media player then someone put me onto this player....

it's free, you can load in subtitles and it can play staright from image files as well, in short it's a nice piece of software, the audio sync is rock solid!!

Hope this helps you out.

J

Comment

• paglamon
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

Also, is there a place where I can find a central locatino for all A/V codecs? or one "pack" that has them all? That would be AWESOME if someone had that or knew where I could find one.
                          Free-CODECS.COM, or just CODECS.COM - Download the latest codecs and tools, for free - daily updated!
                          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...