Hi,

i need to convert a WMV file to a ASF file using MPEG-4 DMO encoding

I tried using ImTOO MPEG Encoder, but this doesn't work
    I get the encoded ASF file, but doesn't work in my Hand Held Media player

Can someone tell me how i can get this done

Thank you
  • jeff-cole
    • Feb 2005

I used to use imtoo, but it's not stable. Then I found this great video converter software, called <a href="http://www.aoamedia.com/videoconverter.htm">Advanced X Video Converter</a>. To convert WMV to ASF, Add Task > All to WMV/ASF > Select the wmv file as the source > Set a target folder > Check the box "Save as ASF format".

Comment

• willdoll
      Banned
      • Mar 2006

Hi~
      I'm also a customer of this product. I do meet some problem during my converting process of .asf files, but I got it after several trys.You may mail to their support team if you need. support@imtoo.com
      By the way, I went to their website a few days . It says a new version will be released, and it supports H264 encoding and decoding,faster and more steady.
      The more about MPEG Encoder v3.0

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

simply renaming to ".asf" mat be enough.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q284094
        The Difference Between ASF and WMV/WMA Files

The only difference between ASF files and WMV or WMA files are the file extensions and the MIME types. The MIME type for a WMV file is video/x-ms-wmv, and for WMA it is audio/x-ms-wma. The MIME type for ASF is video/x-ms-asf. The basic internal structure of the files is identical.
        More Information
        The change in extensions was made to make it easier for an application to identify the content of a media file. A .wma file extension designates a file containing only audio. A .wmv extension designates a file containing both video and audio.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...