Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chamel413
    • Jan 2006

Strange .avi Playback Problem

Hi! Hopefully i can get some help with this problem.

I downloaded some .avi files and I just can't get them to play correctly. At first I thought my windows media player 8 was too out dated, so I updated it to windows media player 10. There was no change in the playback.

When I play some of the files the audio always seems to be way ahead or lagging behind the video. And the video seems choppy almost like it's trying to keep up with the audio but it can't or it goes way ahead of it. It almost looks like it's going in fastforward with frames. Another file I tried did the same thing with the video, but it wouldn't play any sounds! It's driving me crazy! I recently installed a new faster/larger harddrive if that may be any issue in the problem. I also know that there is nothing wrong with the files that i'm trying to play because I was able to play them perfectly fine on other computers.

Someone please help! Thanks so much!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

that player is crap--don't use it. get media player classic

uninstall all codec packs if you have any... install ffdshowhttp://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 17 Feb 2006, 05:21 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...