X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank784
    • Feb 2006

Looking for guidance in Converting Divx .avis to put on DVD and author

I've been searching through a number of forums, downloading a number of programs, trying to convert my many episodes of Futurama .avi files. I want to have it just like a DVD series, with a main menu. I have TMPGenc suite, and WinAvi. I've had various problems, and various amounts of advice that didn't work out okay. It looks like from what I'm reading that TMPGenc plus is the thing to use, but because I want to eventually put these videos into a menu, Im not sure how that will work out when TMPGEnc wants to make folders out of each file. I've looked at a couple of other topics, and one looked similar, but I wasn't sure. I'm just looking for someone to point me in the right direction from the beginning.

Thanks

Frank
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i know exactly what you want, and i hope this simplistic guide will get you started in the right direction.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Frank784
      • Feb 2006

Call me crazy, but should I be able to see it? If you were in the process, my apologies.

Frank

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

SUNAVA!

that 4 times now! it's my fault, this is getting embarassing...

sorry pal
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Frank784
          • Feb 2006

Hah hah, its not problem. Thanks for the guide, I'm going to try it right now.

Franks

Comment

• Frank784
            • Feb 2006

Going through the guide, you mention to select NTSC since your framerate is 23, and if 25, select PAL. Do I go with PAL because all of my videos are 25 fps, or do I just stick with NTSC?

Thanks
            Frank
            Last edited by Frank784; 17 Feb 2006, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

the example in the guide was 23. if you are encoding 25 fps material--definetly PAL.

for the episodes that lost the volume after conversion with tmpgenc, post the file info please using virtualdub/mod preferably. (link at top of guide)
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• Frank784
                • Feb 2006

I use PAL even though I plan on using it on my NTSC products? ok, I'll get on those logs
                Last edited by Frank784; 17 Feb 2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

I use PAL even though I plan on using it on my NTSC products?
                  that's a good question. if you are lucky your standalone dvd player will support both formats. one of my players don't so i take an extra couple steps (not in guide) to change PAL to NTSC using tmpgenc's simple de-multiplexing tool and dgpulldown. if you can try an rw disc if you don't know to see if it will play PAL.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• Frank784
                    • Feb 2006

Okay, something very odd; The main video viewing program I use is Nero Showtime, and like I said, all but a couple of the videos have sound in it, but when I loaded up the same videos in videodubmod, they had sound. I have no idea what that could mean. If you still want the log, do I have to let the whole video play out until I get it? About the PAL/NTSC thing does it really affect the video overall, having two more fps, I couldn't just disregard it?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

ok another thing i suggest is to use media player classic for playback. link there too, it's very popular. to get the info from vdub go to file> file information.
                      when that window comes up, post the screenshot if you can.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

About the PAL/NTSC thing does it really affect the video overall, having two more fps, I couldn't just disregard it?
                        YES it affects it! it's the difference between crap and quality work!

unless you enjoy watching a jerky video then use NTSC. converting PAL to NTSC is a breeze. converting the way i do NEVER creates sync issues either.
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• Frank784
                          • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                          YES it affects it! it's the difference between crap and quality work!

unless you enjoy watching a jerky video then use NTSC. converting PAL to NTSC is a breeze. converting the way i do NEVER creates sync issues either.
                          Okay, my apologies for even suggesting such a thing. I just find it very strange that I happened upon PAL videos. I didn't see the option in virtual dubmod, but I opened it in the original, and this is what I had.

Comment

• techreactor
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2005

If you are willing to look at another easy solution, try DIKO and use HC encoder with it.

Comment

• Frank784
                              • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by techreactor
                              If you are willing to look at another easy solution, try DIKO and use HC encoder with it.
                              Actually it does look interesting, and I respect your opinion, but I've already downloaded so many programs, and tried many different things, that I'm gonna stick and wait for Columbo to get back tomorrow.

Thanks,

Frank

Comment

Working...