X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris_j11
    • Jan 2003

mpeg to video_ts

sorry if this the wrong place to post this q:
    i normally convert my avi to vcd / svcd / dvd using tmpgenc and i'm quite happy/satisfied with it
    now i'm looking for a software that will convert mpeg1/2 into video_ts w/o any quality loss (if possible) so that i can use dvdrebuilder to finally encode it and fit it to dvd5
    i do this cause i normally try to fit more than 1 movie in a dvd5
    any suggestion (comment?)
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

now i'm looking for a software that will convert mpeg1/2 into video_ts w/o any quality loss (if possible) so that i can use dvdrebuilder to finally encode it and fit it to dvd5
    When you encode .avi file, for example, to MPEG-2 with TMPGEnc Plus, the encoding process more or less will degrade the video quality. In order to create DVD the MPEG-2 file, you need a DVD author software such as TMPGEnc DVD Author or DVD-Lab. These DVD author tools will create the AUDIO_TS folder (mostly empty) and VIDEO_TS folder which contains .ifo, .bup, and .vob files. DVD authoring tools don't encode or degrade the MPEG-2 file's video quality. It just builds DVD for the MPEG-2 file. Therefore, there is no quality loss to worry about

Regards
    Last edited by benbryant; 20 Mar 2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

if it's critical, something you can do that lowers the quality loss is when you encode with tmpgenc like ben said, use the high bitrate (8000). then author it, then use dvd shrink with DA and AEC. there will be a noticeable difference.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...