Converting .vob into something I can make chapters out of ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjtech
    • May 2006

Converting .vob into something I can make chapters out of ??

Super newbie here, I would use the search option if I knew the lingo

I have ripped a movie with decrypter and Its now in .vob format.
    I need to make 20 or more chapters out of the movie, in 5-10 min increments. I guess I need to use TMPGEnc, but how to I convert the .vob's into a format that I can use in TMPGEnc to make those chapters.

Thanks !!
    Patrick
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Just rename the vobs to .mpg.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• pjtech
      • May 2006

That easy, wow, ok thx !

Comment

• yourweldguru
        • Feb 2005

Ya but what about the BUP & IFO's? Leave them be as they're of no use for our (my) purpose of importing the files into Windows Movie Maker, editing, etc.?

Nevertheless, tried the extn chg and WMP10's plays it back really choppy. None of the chgs I tried in WMP's plugins>options>performance helped much at all.

Maybe I needed to have used WMM on the file first? More likely I need some codec?

Any help appreciated.
        Last edited by yourweldguru; 29 Oct 2006, 12:35 PM.
        Hap-e-trailz, YWG

Comment

• ed klein
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

This is the long way around but it works. I used to do this when I was building chapters in SVCD on two CD-R disks.

1. DVD Decrypter in IFO mode and rip by chapters.

2. Load the VOBS into DGIndex (as many as you want to create one chapter) and the output file will by d2v video file and the wave audio file.

3. Load the d2v file and wave audio file into TMPGEnc Basic or TMPGEnc Plus (better) and the output will be the m2v file and the MP2 audio file combined together.

4 Burn the mpeg file, (combined m2v & MP2) and it will be as one chapter size as you like depending on how many VOBS you input back in DGIndex.

5. Repeat the process again with the next set of VOBS for the second chapter.
          Last edited by ed klein; 30 Oct 2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...