Microsoft recorded TV show-how to convert?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PizzaBeer
    • Jul 2006

Microsoft recorded TV show-how to convert?

Hello

I have recently purchaced a Media Center, evrything works great but...
    The recorded shows take up so much space, so i would like to convert them into a smaller file, i was thinking divx or similar. I have researched some on the software "power compress" but it seems to bee rubish, and i cant try it before purchasing, so thats out of the question.
    My question is, does anyone know the software that can convert the "Microsoft recorded TV show" files into a smaller file? Freeware wuold be nice, but i dont mind spending a few bucks on it either.

Hope that you can help me.

Thanks ----> PizzaBeer
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

meGUI with xvid or x264 would be my choice
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• PizzaBeer
      • Jul 2006

megui. I dont get it, had it downloaded, but cant figure out how to use it. Do you know where there is a guide to get started?

Comment

• PizzaBeer
        • Jul 2006

meGUI is asking for a anisynth script, what is that? it doesent seem easy to use

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

meGUI and x264 are wonderful tools but a little hard to learn how to use correctly at the beginning. You can also you StaxRip which is easier to use

Regards

Comment

• PizzaBeer
            • Jul 2006

ok, thanks. Myu solution was this: Used DVRMSTtoolboxGUI (free and works without problems) to unwrap the "microsoft recorded TV show" file to a nomal MPEG, and afterwards i use ConvertMovie 1.1 to convert it into AVI.

I have tried to the Xvid and X264 formats, but is that the best codecs to choose, there is a lot to choose from, what about DivX 5,2 or WMA?

The sound there is to options MS PCM or MP3 which is the best you think

thanks for the advice so far.

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

x264 only if your pc can handle it; takes plenty of processing power to play (for free) especially at HD res. otherwise xvid with mp3 audio.
              "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...