X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duke911
    • Aug 2006

Xvid Problem... Skipping, No Sync, distorted image

Hi everybody..
    I have some avi files on my HDD and I have been trying to play'em but with no luck..
    When I start WMP, VLC, Real Player... you name it... the video starts and I can see every thing but no sync between video & sound.. about 0.5 sec delay..
    and after about 20 secs.. the video starts skipping, and sound is absent for some time and i get distorted images...

I tried every thing said in the sticky
    FIRST OF ALL: download and install FFDSHOW (http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Getting+ffdshow) - go for the LATEST version!!! it is a playbackfilter collection and the best of its kind. with ffdshow installed almost every file/format SHOULD work! when asked for the formats/codecs to be played with

as well as many other things I saw in the internet...
    I tried differt codec packs... some of them made weird problems (Cole2k Media - Codec Pack V5.57 Standard)... but it's gone now...

My spec.
    CPU: Intet p4 2.8 GH
    RAM: 1GB
    GPU: GeForce FX 5200 : 128MB
    HDD: 40 GB
    soundCard: imbeded

Win Xp Pro SP2
    WMP 10
    Real Player 10.5
    VLC 0.8.5
    TCPMP

and here are some screen shots:

1. AVICodec:

2. Gspot

3. and when I first tried NANDUB... i got this message:

so i downloaded Xvid codec from the website in the sticky i have menstion before... and i got to load the file.. but i cant play it right... when i try to play with NANDUB i can hear sound only.. then the skipping starts all over again...
    here are the avi info

so....
    can you help me out here .. this thing is driving me nutts
    I really appreciate your help
    TIA
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

try the classic
    sigpic

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

the sync issue is a problem with the file itself-- you can either correct (add delay) with virtualdub, or set delay in your player, VLC and MPC are both capable of that
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• duke911
        • Aug 2006

guys... the problem is not only sound sync.. the sound stays out of sync for 20 sec or so.. then the whole video starts to skipp, and i get distorted video

any help??!!

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

the files are corrupt, nothing you can do about it except maybe run them through divfix or virtualdub to remove bad frames
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...