• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajp
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Mar 2005

Convert .ts to DVD (mpeg2)

I have a 1080i .ts that I capped from TV. I would like to take this .ts and make a DVD that will play in my standard DVD player with it. I would assume I need to resize it to 720x405 to keep the orginal aspect ratio. i have used the program hdtv2dvd but the final product is 853x480 so when played in my DVD player it cuts a small bit off the sides on my TV. Any help would be great. Also is there any way to remove a watermark from a .ts or from the final mpeg2?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

i would run through dgindex, write an avisynth script (resizing/logo removal can be done here), feed into something like hcenc

yes watermarks can be removed, but you'll only get decent results with transparent ones and preparing the bitmap can be a bit of work, use the x-logo filter
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• ajp
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
      i would run through dgindex, write an avisynth script (resizing/logo removal can be done here), feed into something like hcenc

yes watermarks can be removed, but you'll only get decent results with transparent ones and preparing the bitmap can be a bit of work, use the x-logo filter
      I am pretty sure I can figure out dgindex and the resize, but will that also reduce the bitrate? Also if there is a guide out there, or any step by step help you could give me that would be great. Hate to sound like a pain, but it is a movie that isnt available on DVD and I would like the best possible quality I can have on DVD.

Just in case you are curious what movie it is, it's RAD

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

but will that also reduce the bitrate
        bitrate will be specified in the encoder, not avisynth or dgindex

hcenc is really self explanatory, really the only settings you would need to change are profile (quality/speed preset) and aspect ratio.

if the content is truly interlaced you'll have to add a little more to your avisynth script
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• NFS
          • Aug 2007

I used for that purpose VideoCharge once and was satisfied. I beleive VideoCharge sofware has some else product that can remove or blur watermarks, or something like that.

Comment

Working...