Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hairybaboon20
    • Aug 2006

Video not scrambled on WMP but is on nero vision

Hi everybody, I could really use someone's genius...

I'm trying to put an avi movie that i made on premiere a while back onto a dvd using nero vision... I dont have the original timeline etc to encode it again. The file plays fine on windows media player and VLC on my comp but when i add it to my dvd in nero it plays with those pixelated/scrambled edges every so often... when i recorded it on the dvd, it comes out exactly the same. the video is either divx or xvid, so i´m guessing the nero player is missing some kind of codec, but i dont really know... is there anything i do about this...

thanks for any help!!! looking forward to a reply...

tom
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

maybe try mediacoder or avi2dvd. nero is pretty sucky IMO for conversions. perhaps you can post the file information?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• hairybaboon20
      • Aug 2006

i tried avi2dvd and no luck... its created a dvd image for me which i then imported into my nero vision project (including the menus i had prepared and everything)... same thing. scrambled playback and scrambled recording for that file... how can i post u the file information?

thanks again, tom

Comment

• hairybaboon20
        • Aug 2006

Hi again,

I used the MediaEncoder and the video output was fine when i put it in nero... great! however, the audio comes out scratchy and 'pitching' whenever there's a loud noise or a beat in a song... the original file has uncompressed raw PCM audio. to get the video to work I chose the generic DVD disc settings which used MPEG-2 at 5000kbps...

".\mplayer\mencoder.exe" "$(SourceFile)" -vf scale=720:576:0:0::,harddup -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:mbd=1:subq=8:keyint=15:vrc_maxra te=9800:vrc_buf_size=1835:vbitrate=$(VideoBitrate) -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=192 -af lavcresample=48000 -o "$(DestFile)"

the audio settings the program chooses to use is source: waveform/PCM and encoder: ffmpeg...

".\codecs\ffmpeg.exe" -f wav -i "$(SourceFile)" -ac $(ChannelNum) -acodec ac3 -ab 192 "$(DestFile)"

this is what comes out scratchy despite the good video.

i tried changing to encoder to wav/PCM so as to leave the raw audio data... but then the program comes up with an error and doesnt begin to work... the new video options details are these:

".\mplayer\mencoder.exe" "$(SourceFile)" -vf scale=720:576:0:0::,harddup -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:mbd=1:subq=8:keyint=15:vrc_maxra te=9800:vrc_buf_size=1835:vbitrate=$(VideoBitrate) -oac pcm -af lavcresample=48000 -o "$(DestFile)"

and the audio options becomes blank...

any idea what setting i can use to fix the sound, or to keep the original audio?

cheers, tom

Comment

• j00l3d
          • Aug 2006

i don't know if there are any fans of nero here... but for me, it sux. try using tmpgenc (Tsui Mpg Encoder). It also has sync, multiplex, etc. functions too. hope this helps ^_^

Comment

Working...