Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramasesuk
    • Aug 2006

avi to dvd sound failure

hi i have an avi file i wish to put on a dvd disk to play in a standard player i converted the avi file in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 which split the avi into a .wav file for sound and a .m2v file for the video this took about ten hours i thought it would work then found i needed TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 to convert these to dvd after all this i burned to disk and there was no sound i went back to to the .wav file and tried to play it it plays in windows media but there is no sound so i deleted it why did the sound not work can i convert the avi file with the sound working if how i still have the .m2v file is there a way of getting the sound of the original avi without waiting another 10 hours thanks
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

For TMPGEnc Plus to work with your file correctly, you should raise the "Directshow Multimedia File Reader" in the Environmental setting to higher priority from the default of -1 to 1 or 2. Next load the AVI as normal, press Load and select DVD (NTSD).mcf, select ES (Audio only), and then start encoding audio only. Finally load both of .m2v and the encoded audio (.mp2) files to TMPGEnc DVD Author to create DVD. Doing it that way, you don't have to spend too much time to encode the video again

Regards

Comment

Working...