please help, videos won't play after windows re-install, except...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jive
    • Aug 2006

please help, videos won't play after windows re-install, except...

hi,

yesterday I had to re-install windows 2000. before that, everything worked just fine, playing videos in dualview and clone mode over tv-out with no trouble at all.

now, when i try to start a video, the symbols on the taskbar start fading in and out and the video won't start. also, the whole system is really, really slow until i kill the videoplayer.

this happens when i have the monitor set to "single display" and also in "clone" mode. now when i switch to "dualview" the videos start normally on the primary screen, but on the secondary screen, the same as above happens.

i use both, the media player from microsoft and the "media player classic". since the problem happens with two different players, it has to be something else?

all needed codecs are installed!

please, i would be really grateful for every advice, no matter how small it may be
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

got latest graphics card drivers & directx?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jive
      • Aug 2006

yes, i sure do.

just found out, with an older driver this problem can be resolved... but why is it with the newest driver?? crap.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

latest is not always greatest, especially when it comes to graphics card drivers
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...