Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jolancer
    • Oct 2004

ffdshow help please.

using the last stable ffdshow-tryout version from 'videomixer9'. from = https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=173941

so far everything seems to work fine, except a couple strange problems i cant fingure out.

) ffdshows resize filter doesnt Do Anything for Xvid content in Zoomplayer.

) and ffdshows winamps DSP plugin options doesnt do anything for AAC content in Any vid player.
    --------------------------------------------

Zoomplayer is my prefered palyer and i would use it for everything if possible (i like its minimallistic user interface when doing other things on desktop.)

I dont know if maybe theres something setup wrong on my sys, or if thats just a limitation/bug of ffdshow.... so if someone could try that out and tell me if it does or doesnt work on your system, that would be helpfull. thx.
    -----------------------------------------

these are the only things i have installed on a clean XPpro install:

haali media splitter
    vsfilter
    ffdshow-tryout 'vmr9' version as mentioned above
    coreAVC
    quicktime alternative
    nero 6.6 (didnt install any plugins though| and i dont know if nero installs any filters for itself so im just mentioning it anyway)

and thats about it, let me know if you need any other info. thx.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

ffdshows resize filter doesnt Do Anything for Xvid content in Zoomplayer.
    works fine here; may sound like a dumb question but sure ffdshow is decoding & resizing box is ticked? check in zoomplayer-- right-click during playback, filter properties-->graph info-->ffdshow video decoder-->output pins-->out, should be at the res specified in ffdshow

and ffdshows winamps DSP plugin options doesnt do anything for AAC content in Any vid player.
    can't answer this one, got winamp5, seems only compatible with 2 which i'm not willing to install.

btw using slightly older build here, rev 2546 http://www.x264.nl but doubt anythings been changed that would cause this.

Zoomplayer is my prefered palyer and i would use it for everything if possible (i like its minimallistic user interface when doing other things on desktop.)
    agreed zoomplayer is second to none, but i cannot stand that interface, prefer the next best thing, MPC
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jolancer
      • Oct 2004

.. i thought it a simple question, but your the first to have replayed back and i have posted this question on multiple boards. Thx.
      --------------------------

i didnt know of that graph info properties page. strange though: i whent into it while it was plaing a Xvic/aac.mkv file, and the ffdshow output pin says its at 2x the original size witch i set in ffdshows settings for testing.... however the display is still at its original 1:1 size (i have the res-output setting in zp set to display in the controle bar | and i set it to 2x in ffdshow so it would be noticable).... I changed the res option in ffdshow b4 launching and i did reset the vid to 100% in zp like anyother file, execpt these Xvids dont resize?

heres a question: this is all on a clean XPpro install, when i installed the player and ffdshow, i installed ffdshow first... might that cause any issue? should i install the player first? or might that graph-output-pin showing the correct resized size, but zp not display it mean anything?

Should i just try uninstalling both of them and reinstalling them, except zp first this time?
      ------------------------

Since you say the resize works for you in zp, im probably going to assume the AAC audio plugin should probably work for me too.

note - winamp2 plugins work for winamp5(or viseversa). winamp5 is winamp2 exept weargin a winamp5 costume. (winamp3 is the only one that was different/and crappy).

i know i have ffdshow set to decode xvid, cause its set to 'libavcodec', and its the only Xvid decoder currently on the system. im not shur if theres any zp setting witch could affect it though. heres some of my current zp settings:

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

and the ffdshow output pin says its at 2x the original size witch i set in ffdshows settings for testing
        then it's working correctly... the function is mainly for HTPC users, to upscale DVD's to HD displays, no need on a regular PC monitor imho, it won't look any better.

heres a question: this is all on a clean XPpro install, when i installed the player and ffdshow, i installed ffdshow first... might that cause any issue? should i install the player first?
        not an issue

your zp settings are fine

Comment

• jolancer
          • Oct 2004

huh? if its working correctly then it should output double the size right? its obviously still at its original size. (the file is something lik 7xx/3xx resolution | it should be ~14xx/6xx res onscreen if it was working) [EDIT:maybe i stated it unclearly in my other post? the output pin says the correct 14xx resolution, but the image stays at 7xx res)

and what would be the difference between a HD Display and a 19" crt Monitor?
          i would perfer to use ffdshows filter for xvid if i could get it working right, cause ffdshows 'Lanczos' resize method does output a sharper image.
          Last edited by jolancer; 23 Sep 2006, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

but the image stays at 7xx res)
            how do you know that?

what would be the difference between a HD Display and a 19" crt Monitor?
            huge difference

Comment

• jolancer
              • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by anonymez
              Originally Posted by jolancer
              but the image stays at 7xx res)
              how do you know that?
              Originally Posted by jolancer
              what would be the difference between a HD Display and a 19" crt Monitor?
              huge difference
              ) i set zp's controll bar to display the output res in the progressbar |plus i set ffdshow to mulitply the res by 2x, so the difference is very noticable if the vid res changes| and i set my desktop res to 1024x so the output would look huge anyway if it worked right (as it does with other non Xvid files i tested). [o yea i also compaired it with the original output res and theres obviously no change].... im thinking maybe i should just uninstall all of it and re-install ffdshow an zp? (its zp v4.51 i think| whatever the last one is) think it would make any difference?

) conserning my HD Display comment, i didnt mean the size of the display, just the pixel amount... i never used or looked into HD Displays, but they cant have more then 1600x1200 pixels? do they? [note also if you refer to Wide screen it would be the pixels^2/ not just the 2xxx width]
              Last edited by jolancer; 23 Sep 2006, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...