Splitting/separating multi-track (multi-lingual) audio in movies.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostinlodos
    Banned
    • Jan 2005

Splitting/separating multi-track (multi-lingual) audio in movies.

I have about 40 AVI files that have 2 audio tracks in the capsule. How do I get BS player to choose the one I want. Sometimes I load it and I get the Cantonese track I want, other times it will load the English track in the file. It seems to be random, I haven't found a way to select or remove the English tracks in virtually dub yet, ether so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

To help: yes I am SURE/POSITIVE/etc that there are at LEAST two audio tracks in these files and sometimes 3 (and the files are huge, 800Mb up). I will load the file numerous times and eventually I can get a second track I want to play. If this is by fluke or design I do not know, I'm not a pro, I just know it's in there one way or another, and need to find how to get to it.
    I'm not the original encoder, and couldn't tell you how these files are put together, but I've found this in AVI files and MPEG/MPG files and OGGV. As to how they are encoded I never cared to dig into it, but If I can figure out how to remove the audio tracks I don't want it would be far easier to re-code it to mp4 using "free Ipod converter" than having to record it real-time 1:1 after struggling to even get the audio I wanted.
    Virtual Dub tells me that the file has inconsistent audio, and to use a full scan, and that the file is "non-standard" and I need to use full processing mode on both the audio and video.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

download & install haali's media splitter, you can select tracks by right-clicking the icon in the system tray during playback
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• lostinlodos
      Banned
      • Jan 2005

Thanks again. You all are so quick to help! BTW, where did you get that TUX?

Comment

Working...