Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ingiceland
    • May 2002

.OGG files to MPG1

Does any1 know how to convert .ogg files (OGG vorbis) to Mpg??
    I jusually use VirtualDub for my avi (divx) files as a framserver for TMPgnc to convert them to Mpg now I have A .Ogg file (wich I initially thougt was a Divx file) and I need to get the film on a Vcd.
    There was a directshow driver for WMP accompanied with it and it works fine in wmp, but virtualDub doesn´t recognise the format and TMPgnc has problems with the ACM format or something like that??
    And also I'm having a problem with a divx file with AC3 sound. Tmpgnc doesn´t find an Audio source from the file.. does anyone know how to instal a AC3 plugin to TMPgnc ? and do I need to install it to Virtualdub also? how do I go about this??

Any help will be deeply apreciated!

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

As far as I know, OGG Vorbis is presently only an audio format. If so, you probably have an AVI file (whether DivX-compressed video or other) with an OGG Vorbis audiostream.

You should be able to use an audio editor such as GoldWave to directly extract the audiostream and convert it to a separate .MP3 or Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file.

You can download a specially modified version of VirtualDub, VirtualDub v.1.4C-AC3 to address your other need.

By the way, although TMPGEnc won't accept the audio portion of an AVI with .AC3 audio, it will accept the AVI for video input and a SEPARATE .AC3 audiostream for the audio input...

Comment

• ingiceland
      • May 2002

Tnx Alot Setarip

Thanks.. This is exactly correct the file is mixed vith a .ogg audio stream. Thank you for the info I will try this now!

Comment

Working...