X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Analogic
    • Jul 2005

.vob to wmv conversion

Hello,

With the latest update to the Xbox 360 you can now stream wmv content from your computer to your game console for viewing on your home theater.

Based on the recomendation of a post at this site I downloaded Media Encoder and played around with it a bit and made few wmv sample videos.

I also downloaded a few HD videos snips from the Microsoft website. This was fun and all, but nothing that would allow me to store real content on my computer hard drive for viewing other than a few novelty items.

Most of my content is currently stored on DVD's and will be encoded by shrink as a .vob file when I pull it to my Hard drive. I can't seem to get the Windows Media Encoder to recognize PowerDvd .vob files.

I did few searches and read several posts here but I didn't really find what I was looking for.

This is a great community so I figured that I would ask here before I decided to DL a program from a random site.

Thank you!
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

pretty sure WME accepts avisynth scripts, in which case:

1. decrypt

2. create a dgindex project file

3. write an avisynth script

4. feed the script into WME or WMNicEnc and encode video

5. encode audio if you haven't done so in step 4

6. mux with windows media stream editor

rather brief instructions, but post if you need help with them
    Last edited by anonymez; 2 Nov 2006, 06:59 PM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Analogic
      • Jul 2005

Thanks, that makes sense. I was just trying to skip a step and take the files directly from the dvd and convert them directly to wmv. I even tried Nero and for whatever reason it would take the .vob files and convert them to wma.

I was going to try using it to pull the files from the dvd disc and covert them, but it seems like the Nero suite is always having some sort of issue or I need to upgrade to get a feature. I am seriously thinking about dumping it.

Comment

Working...