Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaMeFaNaTiC
    • Dec 2006

Pixelation in playback.

hi, i hope im posting this in the right section, anyway ive had this problem for a while now on my computer and on my laptop. my laptop has graphics of ati radeon 1100 xpress 128mb shared memory and my computer has geforce fx 5200 128mb. now whenever i play video files, the quality is not sharp and turns out pixelated. when i had my crt monitor on the computer they played perfectly but then i bought an lcd and the playback just went downhill. i watch films mostly on the laptop now and i want to improve the video quality if it can be done. an example of the problem im having is shown in the picture below:

the face is pixelated and the background always shows square blocks moving around which i assume is more pixelation. is there any way i can solve this problem. i have ffdshow. thanks.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

when i had my crt monitor on the computer they played perfectly but then i bought an lcd and the playback just went downhill
    it happens with low res content; the larger/higher res the display, the more artefacts you'll see.

is there any way i can solve this problem
    to some extent, with ffdshow's filtering. experiment with post processing, resize & aspect, sharpen, etc
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• GaMeFaNaTiC
      • Dec 2006

thanks for the reply, i tried the stuff in ffdshow and didnt see much of a difference. i supose its down to the graphics card.

Comment

Working...