Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PoopShoot
    • May 2002

AC3 video too fast

After days of installing and reinstalling drivers for my SB Live! 5.1, I've finally gotten AC3 to playback and passthrough the S/PDIF to my receiver and it sounds amazing! I'm playing a divx avi using BSPlayer.

However, the video now looks like it's playing at double speed. It eventually crashes as I guess the video gets too far ahead of the audio. If I let the AC3 get decoded and listen in 2 speaker mode, the playback is fine.

I had trouble getting this far, but during my research into soundblaster drivers, I recall someone saying that faulty creative drivers cause this. I'm currently using the WDM drivers off the install CD but I also tried the 3511 WDM's.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    PoopShoot
  • Wilbert
    • Nov 2001

I have exactly the same problem as you have. Only I have a different soundcard: Terratec DMX 6 fire. But I noticed that after installing all the software (PowerDVD, DirectX8 and some other progams) all my video (avi/mpegs) were playing to fast if I moved the slider. Is that also true in your case?

(btw: Athlon 1.2 GHz, Windows98SE, video: ASUS v3800 TNT2)

Comment

• erative
      • Aug 2002

So I'm not the only one!

Hello!
      I just posted a message on this topic and I have EXACTLY the same problem. So, did you solve it?
      I'd really like to find a solution and start enjoying my beautiful DivX in full AC3 sound.
      If anyone knows, please help!

Kind regards,
      Erative

Comment

• Wilbert
        • Nov 2001

I still have that problem when playing DivX with 5.1 AC3 via my digital out.

Comment

• erative
          • Aug 2002

So isn't there anyone willing to help us out???
          Please!

Thanks and kind regards!
          Erative

Comment

Working...