X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trancemaster
    Snoogins
    • Dec 2001

WMP in XP (ARGH!)

Last night I encoded What Lies Beneath in Flask, 1 pass quality based and it encoded fine. However, when I came to look at the quality this morning, (which was fantastic btw) the .avi opened up in WMP, and only the audio played! Where the video should be I got only the WMP visualization. I then opened it with the Playa, and it worked fine! The only difference between this DivX and the last 5 I've done is that I cropped the size to remove the black bars. All my other DivX's work fine in WMP.
    Anyone got any suggestions. I'm not sure what version of WMP I've got (I'm writing this at work!), but I'm guessing it's 8 as I have XP.

Can anyone help or suggest something?
    Thanx in advance
    Snooch to the Nooch!
  • Northstar
    • Dec 2001

Transmaster - that is exactly the reason I had to get DivX 4.11 with The Playa in the first place. As I understand it WMP in XP does not and will not in the future support .avi files. I don't think Bill Gates intends to allow .avi on XP. Have you been able to play other .avi files on XP? I haven't.

Good sound reason to have a monoply don't you think? After all, who cares what the paying public wants? Not our boy Bill.

I don't think a reinstall will change a thing.

Comment

• Trancemaster
      Snoogins
      • Dec 2001

Who said anything about paying (sic)?!
      You're right though, Bill Gates does suck ass.

Do you know of any good, fully featured DivX players, as I personally found that The Playa is a bit crap.
      Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Trancemaster
        Snoogins
        • Dec 2001

Stranger and Stranger.......

Since my first post on this thread I have cut my movie using AVIChop, and now the two halves play normally in WMP as well as the audio!

What the f*ck is going on with WMP?
        Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Northstar
          • Dec 2001

Trancemaster - Sorry for the misguided reply. WMP actually will play some .avi files as XP comes with some for demo purposes. Trouble is, you never know what kind it will decide to play and which ones it will not. I had to go to The Playa just to get something to view with. May not be prefect, but it does work on most any .avi file and does a fairly good job.

Comment

Working...