X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qualitycatalyst
    Junglist
    • Apr 2002

Need help with 7 sec cycle short lag on wmp w/ divx. [System lag?]

I hate to bring up another tech support question thread but this one is really bugging me and has gotten under my skin.

This is how it has occured: In attempt to try playing incomplete divx files. I downloaded The Playa (?) the player availible on [www.divx.com]. I had a working divx plugin (v.3.11a) on my Windows Media Player and a extra Antifreeze plugin on top of that.

Now in between installing the new player, and installing Direct Connect and a banner killer crack for D.C. (this program was worked but seemed very suspicious of causing mischeif) - I seem to have noticed my computer is struggling a bit more.

I am running Win 2000 and when I press Ctrl-Alt-Del and enter task manager, I viewed the second tab "Processes" and notice a "System Idle Process". I am pretty certain that this is killing my processing speed since the column that is labeled CPU shows a high number around the 95's to 100's.

Now I have just uninstalled the damn Divx player from divx.com, uninstalled Direct Connect, but this idle process is still there. [Anybody have any idea what this idle process is...or what would be even more helpful to me, where I can find out the source of this idle process (i.e. under "regedit" or "startup").

The problem is that whenever I play a divx file straight off my harddrive, it lags very quickly, like about 1/4th a second every 7 second cycles. It bugs like mad crazy, cause I know my computer is suffering!

(WHY ARE COMPUTERS A PAIN IN THE ASS?!? AFTER TEN YEARS OF REAL GOOD EXPERIENCE, WHY AM I STILL ASKING FOR HELP!?! SOMEONE SHOOT ME...)

Thanks very much for helping me out, I sucks having to ask such a question when I have been using computers and divx since the beginning.
    Lighter massive! Call for the REEEEWIND!
  • qualitycatalyst
    Junglist
    • Apr 2002

Here is a snap shot of the idle process under task manager...I just noticed the usage of CPU is 0%, which makes me less certain that this is the source of the problem. But if anybody knows how to get rid of that anyway, I would gladly appreciate any help, urls or any tips on where to find this stupid idle process.

And for the wma lag, if there are any tips for that one, please help me!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by qualitycatalyst; 20 May 2002, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• qualitycatalyst
      Junglist
      • Apr 2002

My system is a

733 mHZ PIII PCI 133 mHZ Bus Speed, Asus Motherboard with 1 mb cache memory.

Video Card: Asus V6600 AGP x4 64MB, DVD and 3D capable

Sound Card: Creative Live value 5.1

392MB SDRAM

Comment

• fremantle
        • May 2002

I can't explain your movies lag, but don't worry about the idle process, it's part of the OS, and represent the time during when your computer have nothing to do. This means that if your player uses 10% of CPU and Idle process 90%, your player doesn't need more CPU and it's not a problem of power from your computer.

Comment

• qualitycatalyst
          Junglist
          • Apr 2002

anybody ? please help?!?

Comment

• rive
            • Sep 2002

Try this

i have this problem in win xp
            i have made a reinstall with upgrade options and now its ok

good luck

Comment

Working...