Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dirkdigs
    • Mar 2007

audio video sync problems.

Im having reocurring issues with videos in xvid format not being in sync with the audio. Mostly music videos as well as movies. I recently installed vista dont htink this would cause the problem. Also purchased a new monitor, possibly my settings causing this. Some videos play perfectly some don't. Not really sure where to start on this one.
  • Niy
    • Mar 2007

read that it coudl help alot

Comment

• LaoziSailor
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Niy
      Is there a new link for this?
      It is redirected to http://www.digital-digest.com/audio-synch.htm with a message
      File Not Found

You have reached this page because the file you were looking for does not exist, or the link was incorrect.

Thanks

Comment

• dexterdoo
        • May 2004

I'm having a problem also with sync.

I found an srt file for a Divx video but the titles were about 7 seconds ahead of the video. I used Time Adjuster to get the subtitles in perfect sync when played on my computer but when I play it on my stand-alone DVD player the titles go back to being 7 seconds ahead again ? I thought that once I corrected and saved the Divx and srt files they would stay in sync no matter where played ? Any suggestions on fixing this ??

Thanks -

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

I thought that once I corrected and saved the Divx and srt files they would stay in sync no matter where played ?
          I have never used Time Adjuster. I use Subtitle Workshop for editing .srt files. Are you sure that the .srt file you saved had the corrected timings? Please open the original .srt file and the new one to compare.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• dexterdoo
            • May 2004

I checked and the srt file that works on the computer and the one that plays out of sync in the DVD player are the same file ! i don't get it ? How could the player change the timing back to it's original state ???

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

I want you to compare the timings of the srt file that is ahead of the video(and plays out of sync even in PC) and the one which is corrected(supposedly).
              sigpic

Comment

• dexterdoo
                • May 2004

This is weird ! I found out that my computer is causing the problem ! I put the originally downloaded srt file with the video again and even though it was out of sync i tried it on my laptop and then in my DVD player and it worked fine in each !!! i guess something (?) on my desktop hard drive is causing the problem. The srt file was working correctly all along .....

Thanks for responses though !

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Glad you solved the mystery. Seems your desktop PC needs a stronger CPU or increased RAM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...