FFDSHOW Codec help please! (VFW/FLV files missing)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cavepunk
    • Apr 2007

FFDSHOW Codec help please! (VFW/FLV files missing)

Hi there!

I've recently started having trouble playing back DVD+Rs that I've burned from AVI files (specially new TV programmes). I uninstalled and reinstalled FFDSHOW but the problem still persists. When I check the list of codecs/filters in GSpot there are several problems highlighted, including this one:

FLV Video decoder File missing

and

FLV Splitter File missing

Could this be causing the problem and, if so, how do I install the necessary codec?

GSpot also highlights problems with missing files, these being: AVC1 CoreAVC Video Decoder; Stream Matroska splitter; RGB24 FeatherMore MPEG Writer Filter; Cucusoft Data Extracter and ffdshow VFW Decoder helper.

Could these missing files also be responsible for the problem?

I'm pretty newish to this (and I've spent a few hours scouring the web for info) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

All the best,
    jay
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

If you have ffdshow installed, please go to Start > All Programs > Video decoder configuration. On the right pane, check for FLV1 which is disabled by default. Just click on "disabled", click the down-arrow and select "libavcodec", click OK when done. Try to open the file and see if it works for you. If the problem continues, you can try to download and install the FLV Splitter and Haali Splitter from the link below. Good luck

Regards
    Last edited by benbryant; 14 Apr 2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• cavepunk
      • Apr 2007

Thanks for the speedy reply!

As you suggest, I'd already enabled FLV1 in ffdshow but GSpot (in System - List codecs and other filters) still shows it as missing... so I'm stumped!

Off to bed now but I'll take a look at the links you suggested tomorrow...

Cheers!

jay

Comment

• celtic_druid
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

FLV Video decoder and FLV Splitter are the same thing (or rather part of the same file) and they have nothing to do with ffdshow, avi or DVD playback.

They are both part of Gabest's FLV splitter. My build of it to I guess since the official builds never included the decoder. The decoder isn't that important these days anyway since VP6 decoding was added to libavcodec and therefor ffdshow. Still reinstalling it would get rid of the error. Same goes for Haali's splitter.

Comment

• cavepunk
          • Apr 2007

Okay - thanks for clearing that up!

I think I've now managed to sort the problem. Rather than using NeroVision Express, I'm now using WinAVI VideoConverter to convert the AVI into BUP and VOB files, then using ImgBurn to burn them onto DVD+R. Do you reckon that's the best way to get the best quality DVD rather than coasters? I've tried DVDFlick too but that burns a jumpy pic with out-of-synch sound sometimes...

Thanks again for your help!
          Cheers!
          jay

Comment

Working...