X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannysmith43
    • May 2007

RLE Compression???? HELP ;o)

Hi,

I'm very new to codecs and what nots, but I've recently started to take an instrest because of a problem I'm having.

I want to purchase a new car stereo - Panasonic CQ-C8403. It has a feature (and software provided) that allows you to convert and AVI file to a Panasonic format, this will act as screen saver.

I've tried to convert Xvid and Divx movies to this .pfm format, but they constatly throw and error, and then I read the manual.....

Its states that.."AVI files other than the following formats are not guarenteed: 24-bit and non compression or RLE compression format"
    I have used Ulead Media Studio 8 to "convert" a Quicktime movie to 24-bit Uncompressed format, or so it seems, but I still seem to get the same error as with Divx/Xvid AVI files. I'm assuming my next challenge is to convert to RLE format?! Of which I have no idea how, or what RLE is? Can any one offer me a clue?

Any help is appreciated.

Danny
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Welcome to the forum

RLE is a type of lossless data compression, I think Microsoft's VFW codec is included in XP. But it would probably be better to just have it uncompressed.

Download & install Virtualdub, open the AVI. Select the segment you wish to use, set video compression to Uncompressed, and save as AVI.
    Last edited by anonymez; 7 May 2007, 02:23 PM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...