X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zabberwan
    • May 2007

Flash Films/video problems

Hi,

This is my first post and don't know where exactly to post this (please redirect to the correct forum or category, if needed).

There are some flash tutorials on this site: http://cals.arizona.edu/ecat/fireworks/videos.html

I used to watch these flash films/videos without any hassles until I reformatted, about 4 weeks back. I tried to watch them again, but no go whatsoever. It opens quite alright and starts, but something stops it immediately. I can hear a sort of a short static noise (glugg) and it stops. It continues to load for a while, starts again but the loading can't cope up with the audio/visual output and it stops again.

By chance I tried this morning, as I had given up a few weeks ago, but to my surprise all video worked perfectly again. Now, as I tried again an hour back, these don't play anymore..same problem. Something is stopping it from loading properly.

Anybody know what the problem may be?

All other flash films/videos are working without any hitches. I am using IE7 as my default browser and use Firefox as a secondary ( incidentally, it doesn't work in ff either). Apart from that it is Windows XP Home Edition.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Welcome to the forum

According to the page,

Do not try to view these videos over a modem, because the files are too large to display
    Use this option if you have a T1 or higher Internet connection
    Looks like you need a fast connection, perhaps you were downloading something else while trying to watch them?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• zabberwan
      • May 2007

I have a 6 MBit (LAN connected) subscriber line! So I think that suffices all video audio needs! In addition to that I have a 2 GB RAM and I am not downloading anything at the sametime. As I mentioned it used to work smoothly and worked also yesterday in the morning. I have other Flash files and they work online or offline.

It opens quite alright and starts, but something stops it immediately. I can hear a sort of a short static noise (glugg) and it stops. It continues to load for a while, starts again but the loading can't cope up with the audio/visual output and it stops again.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Not sure if this would help any, but you could also download the flash files directly and play them off your hard drive.

--EDIT--

You may have to "view source" to get the URL of the flash files themselves.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

I have a 6 MBit (LAN connected) subscriber line
          Nice connection. Got the latest Flash plugin?
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• zabberwan
            • May 2007

Thanks a lot anonymez and drfsupercenter!

Latest Flash plugin was already installed.

It is working again and I think the reason was an incorrect setting for Internet Surfing and Download Acceleration in Tune Up '07. I had set it at 6 MBit (as it begins to falter at this setting), but when I set it at Wireless 10 MBit, it builds up a stable buffer with a steady flawless output.

zabberwan

Comment

Working...