X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarup
    • Jul 2005

two questions

Friends,
    i have two questions in mind. please help me!

1) is there any difference of quality between capturing a dv camera through firewire card and a video capture card?

2) one of my friends have bought sony dvd handycam. he now wants to edit his recordings. how can i do that? do i need to convert to any other format first? if yes then in what format (please give me details of resolution, codec, audio standard)?

thanks
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

moviemaker 2 in windows xp sp2 is a good program
    Last edited by Chewy; 19 Oct 2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Swarup,

1. Firewire just transfers DV from tape to PC.That means you do not lose anything during the process. Video Capture Cards are meant to do real time compression while transferring the video from tape to PC. Why go for a pricey capture card when the rather cheap Firewire will do the job?

2.Your friend needs to have a DVD-ROM in his PC to read the recorded DVD.Then he can simply copy that DVD into his PC and edit it.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

Why go for a pricey capture card when the rather cheap Firewire will do the job?
        if u want to do realtime picture calibration also [color/contrast/brigthness] while capturing u need hardware encoder. [not all supports that though, because not many [consumer] hardware encoders are left after systems getting faster n faster]
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...