Playing videos one by one in Media Player, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruttoid
    • Oct 2007

Playing videos one by one in Media Player, etc.

Hi!

I have a video which is split in 2 parts:

1.avi
    2.avi

I want to burn them on DVD and create an autoplay/autorun that would allow me to click 1 time on a link, e.g. 1.avi, and play the 1.avi film. Then, after the 1.avi is played to the end, the 2.avi should start automatically, in full-screen mode. The thing is no problem with an autorun I can do, but one has to close the Media Player manually after each part, so that the next part would start. Is there any kind of video playlists or do they exist only for audio data? But what I most probably need is simply a command line parameter for Windows Media Player (or any other) which could open several files in a consequence.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bruttoid; 28 Oct 2007, 11:42 PM.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

when u add files as a play list they play one after other without any problem.

u need a program that can do divx menu's for ur menu enabled divx dvd. look at tmpgenc dvd author for that.
    We create the best video software encoder, DVD/Blu-ray/AVCHD authoring software, and MPEG lossless editing software.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• bruttoid
      • Oct 2007

Yes, thanks, but I would prefer an autorun menue rather than DVD menue, as you know it's not the same thing. The question is how to implement the files links whith some parameters into it...

Before i was using the following autorun.inf

[autorun]
      OPEN=startmov.exe 1.avi 2.avi
      ICON=startmov.exe

where strartmov.exe - a 28 KB small program to start movies. The problem with it is, as I said, that one needed to close the Windows Media Player after the 1.avi in order for the program to automatically launch 2.avi. That's not convenient. If anyone would like to check the startmov.ex, I could put it somewhere on the net. Maybe it even can do what I want...

Comment

Working...