Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyboy9
    • Aug 2005

Nero Show Time

When I play DVD movies using Nero Show Time, the audio portion sounds choppy.

Then when I burn the DVD, using Nero Burning Rom, the same type of choppy audio is recorded.

I've used Nero for years now, and never seen this problem. I thought maybe it was a corrupted file, so I ran Windows CheckDisk, and then ran Ad-Aware in case the problem was related to cookies or spy ware.

The DVD plays the same.

Help!

Tony
  • pfloyd
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jun 2007

Install AC3 filter.
    You raise the blade,
    You make the change,
    You rearange me till I'm sane.
    You lock the door, throw away
    the key,
    There's someone in my head
    and it's not me.

Comment

• qwerty667
      • Dec 2007

Hi there pfloyd,

I have recently downloaded Nero 8 to replace Nero 6. I have two main problems that hopefully you can also help me with.

The first problem is I cannot seem to be able to burn a hard disk movie file to DVD. I am using Nero Vision to do this. I am able to go through the process of attaching the file and creating backgrounds and chapters etc. The burn process starts okay and I get the message "creating menus and transcoding streams ". The file size is small enough to fit a normal blank DVD. Everything is fine for about 5 minutes and then I get a message saying "burn process failed ". I am able to burn CD's okay so it is not the burner that is the problem. This has become a bit of a head melter!! I was previously able to burn to DVD when using Nero 6 so this is extremely frustrating. Grateful if you can help.

The second problem is even more strange. When watching any video file through Nero Show Time the picture is very dark. I have tried adjusting the settings on the PC monitor but to no avail. Again this was never a problem with Nero 6. The answer may be very easy so forgive me if this is appears a silly question!! Grateful if you or anyone out there can help

Comment

• pfloyd
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jun 2007

Nero 8 is very buggy. Use version 7. Output on pc monitor always looks bad.
        You raise the blade,
        You make the change,
        You rearange me till I'm sane.
        You lock the door, throw away
        the key,
        There's someone in my head
        and it's not me.

Comment

• qwerty667
          • Dec 2007

Thanx for that pfloyd. Nero 8 has however cost me £45. But if you reckon version 7 is better then I'll try that.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

make sure you are running the latest versions of nero 8 suite

several people seem to like it

but then I could say the same thing about Vista

it's probably the "nature" of newer software, still really in the beta testing stage, you just pay for it and pretend it's mature

what are the details of your system, OS, vid card, settings etc?

Comment

• sir123
              • Dec 2007

i hv no problem with nero 7, but cant play video on nero show time, so i m using power DVD, is very good n friendly user.

Comment

• onclejean
                Returned Member
                • Jan 2008

I installed Nero 8 after removing Nero 7. I uninstalde it and reinstalled it twice to try and fix problems. It is a bad application with many bugs, the worst is that Showtime does not work and, in addition to the poor play performance mentioned above, everytime Windows XP attempts to open an AVI file I first get a message from Nero "Fatal installation error:reinstall Nero". Then Windows Media player opens the file. I am going to try Roxio 10 which has much better reviews than Nero 8 which several reviewers describe as something NOT to buy.

Comment

Working...