X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jram23
    • Jan 2008

File size increases while encoding WMV file

Hi All,

I am new to video editing / publishing. And I am new to this forum too. I have few doubts using Windows Media Encoder 9.

I tried encoding a WMV file which is 72 MB and after encoding the file size increases to 310MB. Is this a normal thing which happens while encoding a file? Actually I need the file to be less than 50MB.

And here is my actual need. I wanted to publish the video on my website as a streaming video(FLV). The WMV file was provided by GoToWebinar. When I tried to convert the WMV file to FLV using Camtasia Studio, I got an error. While contacting the Camtasia support, they told me to encode the WMV while before converting it to FLV. So I used Windows Media Encoder 9 to
    encode and I successfully converted it to a FLV file. And now my concern is the file size. Its too huge to be published on web. I tired it with Flash Encoder too. Its not working though. Is that something which I am doing Wrong or Is there any other simple way to do it? Can any one please guide me in solving the problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
Working...