X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • g3ros
    • Feb 2008

BSOD when try to play video files

Hi guys !
    I'm seeking help for a strange issue on my box.The box apart the HDs is new one .It runs xp pro sp2 and it played .avi .wmv .mpg files pretty well with wmp 9 , zoom player , vlc player.
    Suddenly after a codecs upgrade of zoom player or a wmp program update via the windows update ( i'm not sure maybe both ) randomly when i try to play video files it hungs in a BSOD
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR _EQUAL .
    I hadn't add any hardware recently.The BSOD appears with all the
    players i'll tried and isn't related to a specific video file.
    It also appears when a try to play DVDs.
    I uninstalled varius codecs/programs ( ffdshow, haali splitter, dscaler , AviSynth , directVobSub , ds-mp3 source , shoutcast , xvid video codec ) which didn't solve the problem.
    I made a repair installation of xp and was able to play .wmv files.
    But after a reboot the problem occured again with the same details BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR _EQUAL.
    I checked for virus/malware and it's clean.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advange ! !
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

If I remember correctly I believe that it may be a memory issue. I think that you have a stick of memory going bad?
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• g3ros
      • Feb 2008

I manage to solve it .
      I found that my graphics card ASUS 8500GT Silent 512MB HDCP due to some asus helping software like gamerOSD , gameface messenger , smart doctor , Video Security can cause BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR _EQUAL with budcheck 0x1000000a .
      So i unistalled all the ASUS related software plus the display drivers and installed the drivers from nvidia site.
      Now can play everything without problems.

Comment

Working...